Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Welcome to my Blog!

 Hello there and welcome to my blog!

Let me start off by telling you a little about myself. My name is Kendra Cox, and I am currently in my second year at Columbus State Community College. I am going to Columbus State to earn my Associates of Arts degree, then I plan on transferring to a four-year institution to obtain a Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education. I am particularly interested in studying creativity in the classroom, and the process of Reading Recovery in Elementary schools. 

When I am not in a classroom I enjoy many different things. I enjoy making art, specifically sculpture. The most fun sculpture I have worked on was a life-sized superman made of plaster-gauze. I also enjoy art of architecture, drawing blueprints of houses and buildings. I also enjoy reading, I really loved the Hunger Games series-- but my favorite thing to read is a good memoir. I love to partake in recreational sports, such as soccer, basketball, softball, and rowing. A few other things I love are watching movies, making videos, and hanging out with close friends and family. 

I am interested in the field of Education for many reasons, but I will name a few. The first reason I want to enter the field of education is to work with kids who struggle with meeting the reading requirements of their grade, like I did for many years. The second reason I want to go into the teaching field is for all of the great teachers I had going through Hilliard City schools. I had teachers who taught me so much, inspired me, and guided me through my earliest years. I can not wait to return that inspiration, dedication, and relationships to my future students!

No comments:

Post a Comment